Computed radiography (CR) produces digital images with the use of phosphor imaging plates in lieu of conventional film. Digital radiography (DR) uses digital detector systems in which the images display directly on a computer screen, eliminating the need to intermediate scanning of imaging plates.
All of TriQuest NDT’s CR and DR equipment is mobile. This provides immediate on-site results for all applications regardless of the inspection location. All labs are equipped with custom exposure equipment to provide high quality images at high production rates, either on the ground or in the air.
- Reusable imaging plates
- Reduction of exposure times, minimizes radiation exposure and increases productivity
- Reduced image processing times, faster results in a cost effective manner
- Image viewing software allows for enhanced analysis by technicians and clients
- Digital images are delivered and stored electronically
Advantages of Computed / Digital Radiography:
- Profile Radiography – Wall Thickness Measurement
- Corrosion / Erosion Imaging
- Volumetric Discontinuity Detection – Pumps, casings, castings, etc...
- Weld Quality Inspection
- Powerline Inspection.
Computed / Digital Radiography Applications: